Hosted Checkout enables partners and merchants to start collecting payments faster. Tilled’s Hosted Checkout offering is comprised of two solutions:
- Checkout Sessions API: Low-code option for partners to generate a checkout session URL. Review our API documentation here
- Payment Links: No-code option for merchants to generate a unique link that routes the customer to a Tilled-hosted payments page.
- One-time payments: The payment form supports one-time payments.
- Mobile optimization: The payment form is optimized for mobile devices.
- Multiple line items: You can add multiple line items to the payment form.
- Payment method options: The payment form allows customers to select payment method options.
- Customer association: You can associate an existing customer with the payment or create a new customer.
- Metadata association: You can associate metadata with the payment.
- Redirect customization: You can customize the redirection settings to redirect users back to your software prior to and upon payment completion.
- White-labeling: Partner white-label settings are automatically applied to the payment form.
- When a customer is ready to complete their purchase, your application creates a new Checkout Session.
- The Checkout Session generates a URL that redirects customers to a Tilled-hosted payment page. If a white-label subdomain is configured, the checkout_session_url will be hosted on that subdomain.
- Customers enter their payment details on the payment page to complete the transaction.
- If a success_url is provided, the customer will be redirected to your application.
- If a success_url is not provided, a receipt will be presented to the customer upon payment. If a success_url is provided, the receipt can be accessed by re-visiting the checkout_session_url. The redirect to the success_url only occurs the first time a payment is successful.
- Email receipts will be supported soon.
Check out a video walkthrough of how to create a checkout session through our console here: